Africa & Middle East
- Regional Conference in Nairobi, for the adoption of the Africa Declaration on Armed Violence and Development, October 2007
- Creating a Community of Practice on Armed Violence and Development in East Africa in Nairobi, November 2010
- Central and East African Regional Seminar on Best/Promising Practices on Armed Violence Reduction in Nairobi, February 2011
- West Africa Regional Seminar on Promising Practices on AVRP in Abuja, June 2011
- Regional Conference in Guatemala City, for the adoption of the Regional Declaration of Guatemala on Armed Violence and Development , April 2007
- Armed Violence and Development Seminar in Cartagena, April 2009
- Community of Practices on Armed Violence and Development in Latin America I in Antigua Guatemala, November 2010
- Community of Practices on Armed Violence and Development in Latin America II in Rio de Janeiro, November 2010
Asia & Pacific
- Regional Conference in Bangkok, for the adoption of the Asia-Pacific Declaration on Armed Violence and Development, May 2008
- Regional Best and Promising Practices Seminar on Armed Violence Reduction and Prevention in South and Southeast Asia in Kathmandu, March 2011
Europe & Central Asia
- Regional Conference in Sarajevo, for the adoption of the Sarajevo Declaration on Armed Violence and Development, November 2008
- Regional Seminar on “Best Practices in Reducing Armed Violence in Europe” in Zagreb, September 2011
In order to reflect diverse regional and sub-regional perspectives on armed violence and development, regional events were conducted in different parts of the world.
Between 2007 and 2011, two types of events have been conducted in different parts of the world to reflect regional perspectives on armed violence and development and to share armed violence prevention and reduction strategies.
(1) Regional Conferences are high-level diplomatic meetings where states adopted regional Declarations on armed violence and development.
(2) Best Practice Regional Seminars provide a platform to share and develop strategies to prevent and reduce armed violence between diverse stakeholder.